Search

Friday, August 26, 2011

Progress Report

After a very long hiatus from writing, I've finally gotten back on track. Thanks to a very wonderful critique partner, Celeste, I've felt for the first time in a long time that what I'm doing, and what I'm writing matters.

Two claps for Celeste.

My new novel, lets call it... Wolfy Love Story (and no, that's not the actual title) is the first topic of the newly designed blog. You like?

I'm nearly up to 35,000 words, and after the last six months, that seems like a tiny miracle. A few months ago I was happy with a thousand words in a whole month, just to put this funk into perspective for you.

I think it's healthy to get into a funk now and then. It keeps you on your toes, and makes sure you don't get overconfident. The ability to story tell is a great one, and shouldn't be taken for granted. See? I learned my lesson.

So in the meantime, while writing Wolfy Love Story, I'll be catching up on my reading, seeing as how a search of my bookshelf has turned up eight novels I have yet to read, and Amazon has informed me via e-mail that I have three more on the way.

Toodles for now!

2 comments:

  1. Paws, fangs, and smiles... the first thing that came up in my mind was my mother...! O.O!

    I like the name "Wolfy Love Story", but then I'd be forced to include plushy monsters and hungry, chibi-like werewolfs chasing down a victim in a disney-like scenerio.
    That probably wouldn't work for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no plushy monsters here, sorry. My monsters are a little less Disney and a little more rip-your-head-off. :-)

    ReplyDelete