Search

Monday, November 15, 2010

The One Month Novel

I'm not sure how these things work, or why, but it seems like this rushed NaNoWriMo pace is churning out the best pages I've ever written in my life. I'm writing a lot in a short period of time and I'm almost constantly writing, so plot twists I've forgotten about in other books don't get forgotten here. The characters are so fresh in my head all day that I don't forget what they look like, even the less important ones. When I stop halfway through a scene I don't forget what I was trying to accomplish there because I'm back working on it in an hour rather than a few days later.

Don't get me wrong, even now I can see things I'll be changing or moving when I edit it, but so far the basic structure of the story is so solid its amazing. The action scenes are clear, the emotions are strong, and that's something I have yet to accomplish before NaNo.

So a big thank you to The Office of Letters and Light.

I think I've found my niche. Write as much as I can as fast as I can... and maybe sleep somewhere in there too. Nah, sleep is for December, ;-)

Toodles

(56,000 words, 15 days.)

No comments:

Post a Comment