Search

Monday, December 12, 2011

When Life Gets in the Way...

I've been thinking lately about intentions, and how they almost never mirror real life. This month I intended to make up for the shame that was my 20,000 words in NaNo, finish unpacking, get all my Christmas shopping done, and settle into a calm little holiday routine.

Instead, December seems even more shameful as far as word counts than November, I'm still not completely finished shopping, and although I'm finished unpacking, it turns out were most likely going to move on base as soon as a house opens up, which means I'll have to start all over! Ugh! Will anything work out?

Yes! It will! Because amongst the chaos, and the new city and new friends, we will also be welcoming a new baby into the world this summer.

No matter how great your goals or intentions are, there will always be something wonderful waiting around the corner when things start to seem out of hand. Whether it's concerning your writing, your family, or life in general, you always have to be on the lookout for the unexpected-and AMAZING- things coming your way.

Happy Holidays everyone, and in case life gets in the way again and I'm missing from the blogging world, Happy New Year too!!

~Megan

1 comment: