Search

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Any Wolves of Mercy Falls Fans?



I first read Shiver right after it came out. I was completely wrapped up in that world for about a day and a half before I closed the back cover and sort of sighed. I couldn't wait for the next one to come out, and again for the final book in the series.

It just goes to show you how a familiar story can easily be extraordinary with just your own little spin on things. For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Shiver is the beautiful brain child of Maggie Stiefvater. It's the story of Grace and Sam. Grace is a girl obsessed with the wolves around her Mercy Falls home, and Sam is a musician who is forced to change into a wolf every winter. The cold drives his change, and he only has so many summers of being human before he changes into a wolf and never comes back.

The first book is Shiver, the second is Linger, and the third is Forever.

I have Forever sitting in my desk right now...


See?


...but I won't let myself read it until I've finished the first draft of Wolfy Love Story. Call it a prize for not procrastinating... oh who am I kidding, call it a prize for not procrastinating AS MUCH.

What about you? Are you a Wolves of Mercy Falls fan? And if werewolves aren't your thing (I can try to understand) what series has captured your attention lately?

Toodles!

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the Shiver books as well as all books by Maggie.

    What's funny is that I, too, was reading Forever when I was finishing up my WIP and had a hard time tearing myself away to write.

    I agree that Maggie does a fantastic job at taking an old concept and twisting it into something really fascinating. When I first heard that her next book series (this was after I'd finished her Faerie books) were about werewolves, I reluctantly picked up Shiver...and couldn't stop reading. I finished Forever last month and cried because I already missed the world and the characters (ie: Sam and Cole).

    Good luck on finishing up the WIP and I hope you enjoy Forever as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Shiver and Linger sitting on my shelf but haven't read them yet because I'm waiting for Forever to show up in our bookstores. Can't wait, I've heard only good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave up on Shiver last week. I kept forcing myself to sit down and read, but I could only get though a few pages at a time.

    Some of the language is beautiful...but I kept waiting for the story to start. After about 200 pages, I gave up. It did seem like it might finally get going--and maybe into the second and third book things get better!

    For wolfie novels, I just picked up Wolfsbane, the second in the Nightshade series, and that one isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had Shiver sitting on my bookshelf since last Christmas. I just got around to starting it the other day. I'm loving it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read them all, and they're great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the first one, but have yet to pick up the others. I did like Shiver, though.

    Too many books need to be read!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a really good book and its worthreading. I loved the realationship between Sam and Grace it was so real and intimate. It was slow at some parts but I just loved it over all and cant wait for Linger !!

    ReplyDelete