Search

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Go Vampires!

I refuse to believe that people are sick of vampire stories.

That may have something to do with the fact that my novel is all about the fang, but I refuse to admit that as well. ;-)

So, as I said, I refuse to believe it. People will never be tired of vampires. Everyone is probably way done with the "vampire meets girl in high school gym, tries to stay away but cant" kind of "epic" romances. I think they're sick of the goody goody undead who dress fashionably, pretend they haven't been alive for 200 years, and fall in love with some whiny little human.

I know I am...

That's why my story takes place in a time where the better part of North America has been ripped to shreds by them. The love story is more of a love-hate story, and it doesn't develop into something until the very end. And best of all, no whiny little girl. My protagonist will kick the crap out of you if you mess with her, and she'll do it without breaking a sweat.

So there you have it.

I think as long as you take an old story, and add an ass kicking main character, anything is fresh.

In other news I did some more research on literary agents, and am happy to say I have a favorite. I wont say who it is (so you wont steal her!) ;-) but I will say that there will be substantial tears involved if she turns me away.

I'm 2/3 of the way done with my book, and set a goal for myself. I'll submit it to agents by the end of the year at the very latest. September is my birthday, my ultimate goal is to send out my 1st query on my birthday. Call it hoping for some birthday luck.

Can you guess what I'll wish for when I blow out my candles? I bet you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment